2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Price, Review, Specs, what car reviews, 2012 Aston martin v8 vantage is a 2-door, 2-passenger luxury sport car, or convertible sportcar, available in two trims, the coupe and the roadster.what its trims ? Trims are variations of a vehicle model produced by the manufacturer.
Differences between trims vary greatly between models but may include:
• Transmission: manual, automatic or number of speeds
• Drivetrain: front-wheel, rear-wheel, all-wheel or four-wheel drive
• Engines: number of cylinders, power output and fuel economy
• Features: traction control, ABS, etc.
• Equipment: navigation system, premium sound system, leather seats, sunroof, heated seats, etc
Upon introduction, both rims are equipped with a standard 4,7 liter, v8, 420-horsepower engine that achieves 13-mpg in the city and 19-mpg in the highway. A 6-speed manual transmission with overdrive in standard.
2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Specs
Aston Martin builds each of its V8 engines at their facility in Cologne, Germany. The V8 found in the new Vantage S will be tweaked to produce 430 hp at 7,300rpm and 361 lb-ft of torque at 5,000rpm. This is equal to an increase of 10 hp and 15 lb-ft of torque over the base model, which may not seem like much, but take into consideration that the Vantage S will also weigh 66 pounds less than the other models.
Aston Martin wanted this car to be driver-focused with a more involving character overall. The standard Vantage features a 6-speed sport shift transmission that is more than capable of performing well in the car, but Aston engineers wanted more. In order to get closed gear ratios and a shorter final drive, they outsourced the new Vantage transmission to Graziano for their single-clutch 7-speed that will complete shifts 20 percent faster than the outgoing model. Utilizing a carbon fiber driveshaft and other performance components, the Vantage S will have weight distribution of 49/51. An old school 6-speed manual will not be available on the Vantage S and owners will have to settle for the base V8 or the V12 model to get that.
Other technological enhancements released at the Geneva Show include:
- Lower final drive ratio (4.182:1) which should give the seven-speed some more oomph.
- Completely new spring and dampers in the suspension.
- Revised steering ratio to 15:1, the previous car used a 17:1 ratio which is not quite as fast as this model. It should provide a better response with less driver input.
- Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA) this system helps to provide extra braking input when the car is under emergency or panic braking situations.
- Hill Start Assist (HSA) this system is employed when the car is going up-hill from a stop.
It allows the car to remain planted instead of rolling backwards while the gear is selected.
To increase performance they have also been able to tune the suspension and stability control. 3-different settings can be engaged based on what type of driving is being done, helping the driver to focus the cars abilities. Most of these systems will allow for greater variability in wheel slip and sliding, but most still have an array of abs or stability programs that will intervene at the first sign of trouble. For the lucky new Aston owner, there is a full-off switch for these systems allowing for unadulterated fun around the track.
Aston Martin has been promoting this car rather heavily and most of the details have been known for a long time. It is good to see that the car will be entering production , but many enthusiasts feel that a 10hp increase doesn’t really call for a new product designation. Nonetheless, it seems as though the V8 Vantage will finally live up to its potential and be a real force in the sports car world once again. Aston Martin has also been hinting at a completely new model that remains unseen and will do so until the show as well. The price jump to this new model is reasonable beginning at $139,615 and 152,615 for the coupe and roadster, respectively.
2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Price
Price for 2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage is about $139,615 and 152,615